We are partnering with:
- The Yeoman Lab on acid resistance in the vaginal tract during bacterial vaginosis.
- The Wiedenheft Lab and the Spence Lab on developing human intestinal organoids as a novel model system for host-microbiome research.
- The McDermott Lab and the Bothner Lab on the GI tract microbiome’s role in mitigating arsenic toxicity.
- The Schmidt Lab on understanding host responses to arsenic challenges under conditions of microbial dysbiosis.
- The Young Lab on the role of viruses in shaping structure-function relationships in the GI tract microbiome.
- The Julita Lab on host immune response to C. difficile infection and the development of new germ free mouse models.
- The Cohen and Arnold Labs on a germ free as3mt-/- mouse model for asenicosis research.
- The Gerlach Lab on ICP-MS quantification of arsenic in environmental and mammalian tissue samples.
Our research is supported by the following:
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- The US National Institutes of Health
- The US Department of Agriculture